Discover the secrets to making one of the most intimidating desserts in the dessert family, cheesecake. Oh, the many different types of cheesecake to admire, and there’s no place that shows them off like The Cheesecake Factory.
I’ve made a few cheesecakes in my day, and I
Baked cheesecakes are very temperamental, and they need lots of love and care in their preparation. So, here are five secrets to making a perfectly baked cheesecake.
1. Have all ingredients room temperature. It’s chemistry guys, chemistry.
2. Don’t beat the mix too much. Although the key is air in the batter, too much beating causes those hideous cracks.
3. Bake it on the center rack of your oven.
4. Keep the oven closed. (Fight the temptation!) Drafts make a fallen cheesecake.
5. Jiggly is a good thing. We want the center to be slightly jiggly, and the sides to be puffy and golden brown.
Now that you know the secrets, watch this video DIY for making Cheesecake Factory cheesecake in your own home.