So here we are ready to wind down January. It’s been a month of reflection on the past year and tips on staying motivated as we take the journey through the present year. There have been a number of you who seem to have enjoyed the motivational tips. So let’s take a brief look back at January as we psych ourselves up for February.
Staying motivated can be a challenge when your tank is low. I’m not sure about you, but my job requires a lot of encouragement and motivation, and sometimes I struggle. Other times, by the time I’m finished encouraging my crew, I’m in need of a bit of a fill up myself. So, I know what it’s like to have the tank running low sometimes.
If you missed some things, here’s a bit of an overview of how to stay motivated as we head into month two of 2017.
1. Start your day with a few minutes of quiet, if you can. My morning pick me up is my daily scripture. It’s also great to have someone to share with. Try to surround yourself with people who will be a positive force in your life. Just doing these things are a big help with motivation.
2. Seek new opportunities. There’s a wealth of promise hiding around corners that we often need to find. Look for new ways to inspire and create while staying true to yourself.
3. Dress for success. Wear what makes you feel good. There’s a link to feeling good and productivity so give yourself a boost by getting out of bed and dressing in the fabulous you! I love rounding up new outfit collections and shopping for them
4. Don’t just dress for success. Take some time to make your space positive too. Organize, purge, put up motivational quotes, whatever it takes to give you the boost you need. Remember, encouragement and motivation is something we all have a need for.
5. Maybe take a short trip to give yourself a new view. Sometimes new scenery can inspire you in ways you never thought. If it’s too cold to sit at a park, like it is here, try taking a ride. It’s worth it to refresh your mind every now and again.
6. Splurge a little. Reward yourself for your hard work. It’ll motivate you to work harder the next week if you have something to look forward to at the end of it all.
7. Tell your own stories. You never know how much they’ll help someone else.
So let’s stay motivated together and keep motivating others.
How do you stay motivated?