It’s finally here, and after the winter blizzards and high heat bills, it’s welcome! Spring, the time of year when you shake off those last remnants of Old Man Winter, opening windows and hanging clothes outside on clotheslines to dry. It’s the time that many folks whip out their dust mops and rags and begin mad cleaning, yet not as many associate spring with home decorating.
Well, honestly, spring is probably one of the most appropriate times to decorate your home. Why? Let’s face it, it may just be the only time of year that we are actually happy about cleaning.
These days, cleaning feels more like a chore. I’ll admit that I’ve tried repeatedly to embrace the love for cleaning that my 85 year old grandmother has, but cleaning is still more of a must do and not so much a want to do for me. Yet, somehow, despite our cleaning roots, we still manage to bring out the other aspects of holiday decorating between the other many tasks that
During the fall and winter holidays, many folks clean house because friends and family will be coming over and there’s an expectation that we must meet. I mean, who wants to have visitors complain about your unclean home? It’s expected to be clean, decorated, and ready to host. I have to tell you that this is an interesting yet crazy accomplishment with the hustle and bustle of the holidays at our
Spring is the one time of year that we clean because of inspiration. However, it’s also the spring that so many times drains our inspiration for decorating. Maybe it’s because we’re so tired from all of our cleaning efforts to become inspired to decorate. If this sounds like you, then hopefully, these five ideas will help bring some serious decorating inspiration your way.
1) Flowers. They may be one of the first things you think of in the spring. In spring, flowers are all around us. Use fresh cut flowers and candles to create beautiful arrangements and centerpieces throughout your home. These small touches can add wonders of beauty.
2) Candles. I felt the need to mention candles again because they deserve their own place among the five, to say the least. Candles can be soothing, relaxing, invigorating, inspiring, beautiful, elegant, and
3) Towels. Yes, towels in your kitchen and your bathrooms can brighten and freshen up the drab, old look of the room. You need bright, bold colors that signify spring, birth, and renewal. Little touches can make a huge difference in not only your attitude about cleaning and decorating, but, believe it or not, it can also improve your attitude about cooking.
4) Fragrance. While many folks don’t realize that the fragrances we use in our homes are a type of home decor, it makes our overall inner self happy to some degree. Likewise, fragrances from potpourri and candles are decorations in and of themselves. It may amaze you, the difference it makes in a room when you place out bowls filled with brightly colored and scented fragrance balls, dried fruit, or other delights. Gourmet potpourri can be easily found both online and in home decor shops, and is a rather inexpensive way to add a fragrant touch to your home decorating as well as the fragrance of your home.
5) Fruit. Bowls of fruit placed throughout your home are also a way to add
If you need springtime home decorating ideas and inspiration I hope this has helped. If you haven’t found the suggestions to be at least a little bit of inspiration, I at least hope that you will have been inspired to find your own fabulous finds for spring decorating.
Side note. I’ve been wanting to learn how to make floral arrangements to use in my own home, and I found this ebook. Now, mind you, I haven’t really started reading into it yet, but I thought it may be worth sharing. I’m always buying and reading ebooks on various topics, and if you’ve been thinking about creating floral arrangements, you may find this useful and want to check it out. Personally, I like the idea of it being simple because I don’t need complicated, if you know what I mean. Floral arrangements seem so intimidating. I can’t wait to start making arrangements! If you decide to try along with me, share your thoughts in the comments. I’d love to hear!